- To properly establish each persons handicap, the first week of shooting will be done as follow:
Shooters who participated in the previous 22LR Bulls-Eye League will have that average used as the starting handicap
Each shooter will complete 3 full rounds of shooting
Each round will be scored
The average of those 3 rounds will be used for the 1st weeks score
In summary, the first week of shooting will require 90 bullets
- There are six different shooting events:
Weeks 1,6,11 – Bonus target. Shoot any target distance twice (Best target counts)
Weeks 2,7,12 – One substitute Luck of the Draw target at any target distance
Weeks 3,8 – Three targets, one for each distance
Weeks 4,9 – 10 Additional shots at any target(s) (Best 10 per target)
Week 5,10 – Shooters Choice (Options of Week 1 - 4)
- This is NOT a timed event.
- Shooters cannot use any form of gun rest or support to improve their shooting accuracy.
- Shooters cannot use any form of binocular or lens scope to evaluate their shooting during the event.
- Any shooter under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Firearms must be holstered or in a case at all times unless on the firing line.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory at all times on the range.
- Only the active shooters are allowed in the shooting stalls. All others must remain behind the ready-line and not be a distraction to the shooters.
- Scoring may be completed by the shooter and will be verified by a Bow and Barrel Sales Associate. If there is a challenge, a Managing Member will make the final decision.
- Shooters are required to complete their shooting between Monday through Sunday to count for the current week Tournament prizes. There are no bad weather days.
- In the event of missing a week, shooters can still make up no more than the past two weeks shootings. The only exception is for participants that can demonstrate with documentation that they were not available to participate because of work conflicts.
- And, remember the goal is to have fun on improve shooting at an individual level!
- Shooters MUST complete all 12 weeks to be included in the final winnings payout.
This is NOT a bulls-eye scoring event. Scoring is by the number values on the target. Contact with a line for the next scoring rings counts for the better score.
Minimum Scoring. In an effort to maintain more consistent scoring, a shooter can have no less than 50 points in comparison to their highest score during the tournament. This will help address any concerns of shooters trying to utilize the handicap process beyond the intended use. For example: Week 4 a person shoots their best ever score of 200, and on week 7 they shoot a 40. The score for week 7 will be 150. For the rest of the tournament, they will always have a score of 150 or better.